LumiQuest Light Modifiers

by Peter Kotsinadelis

April 01, 2011 — LumiQuest has three new light modifiers for portable flash. The LumiQuest Quik Bounce, Softbox II and FXtra. The new Quik Bounce (LQ-122) is designed for use with or without a ceiling. The product’s unique design has panels/doors that can be opened to allow 80% of the light to be bounced off the ceiling and the remaining 20% off the remaining surface area for fill light. When no ceiling is available, or a ceiling is too high or colored to be used effectively, the doors remain closed allowing Quick Bounce Surface to bounce/reflect 100% of the light from your flash. Street price: $44.95.

The SoftBox II (LQ-109) is new softbox designed exclusively for use on bare bulb flashes such as Lumedyne, Quantum QFlashes and Sunpak 120J. It enlarges and diffuses the light coming from direct flash, softening shadows and eliminating unpleasant red eye. Street price: $33.95.

The FXtra (LQ-121) is a compact gel holder allowing for rapid installation and removal of colored gels. There are eight Rosco gels included: CTO, ½ CTO, ¼ CTO, Plus Green, ½ Plus Green, Sky Blue, Canary Yellow and Fire Red in an integrated storage pouch. The gel pocket will accommodate Rosco or Lee gel samples. FXtra at only 6 x 3 is sized for use with most popular flashes. It folds flat for to 6 1/4 x 7 3/4-inches for easy transport and storage. Any LumiQuest accessory, and many other brands can easily be attached with FXtra in place allowing you to colorize the light when using any of a number of various light modifiers. Street price: $18.95. www.lumiquest.com

You Might Also Like



On My Radar: The Story Behind This Flashy Photo Shoot With a Pampered Pooch

How flash-loving photographer Amy Lombard shot this bold, colorful hotel campaign, and why it caught the attention of MrsSizzle.com founder and former Glamour photo director Suzanne Donaldson.

Read the Full Story »

Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera

Master the art of manipulating exposure to create the types of pictures you're after. PLUS: an excerpt detailing the three factors at the heart of every exposure.

Read the Full Story »

Tyler Branch's Slideshow Storytelling

Orange County, CA-based wedding photographer Tyler Branch dishes his tips to creating palatable presentations for his clients (plus a preview for your viewing pleasure).

Read the Full Story »


- ADVERTISEMENT -

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Tout VTS

- ADVERTISEMENT -

- ADVERTISEMENT -